IN STOCK Order today (Before 2pm) get it tomorrow
Self Adhesive Tanking Membrane 1mtr x 15mtrs Roll is for use in vertical tanking or horizontal self-adhesive applications. Such as underground basements, lift pits or retaining walls when installed in accordance with BS8102:2009.
We alaways advise you use Bitumen Primer Quick Dry in conjuction with this product
- Self-adhesive membrane for above and below ground applications
- Tough, high performance, high density polyethylene membrane
- Provides resistance to puncture and tearing
- Use with primer to obtain best adhesion
For use in tanking external wall surfaces below ground level such as foundations and walls to basements and walls above ground but which are soil retaining.
- Robust & Durable – the products combination of polymer modified bitumen on a polyethylene carrier makes it a tough and durable material choice
- Ease of Use – the product is cold applied and does not use specialist tanking equipment, making it a cost effective, low labour application
- Multi-Purpose – the product has multiple uses within the damp proofing and structural waterproofing arena
- BBA approved (Certificate No. 98/3479)
Waterproofing performance with SBS polymer modified bitumen
- Suitable for a range of substrates, cast concrete, brick and blockwork constructions• Suitable for tanking both internally and externally
- Easy to install, progressively removing the silicone treated release film
- Modified bitumen on both sides to provide additional security at laps
- Laps are formed by simply bonding the exposed polymer modified bitumen layer to the polyethylene surface of the adjacent sheet)
- BBA Approved (Cert No. 98/3479)
Performance and Composition
- Composition: HDPE/Bitumen
- Form: Roll
- Colour: Black Upper/Black
General Dimension Data
- Thickness: 1.5mm
- Roll Length: 15m
- Roll Width: 1.05m
- Reaction to Fire (EN 13501
- Water tightness (EN 192): F8): Pass
- Resistance to water Penetration after artificial Ageing (EN 1847): Pass
- Maximum tensile force (EN 12311-2): MD≥2.5N CD≥2.5N
- Elongation at Break (EN 12311-1; EN 13859-1;2): MD≥130% CMD≥130%
- Resistance to Impact (EN 12691): ≥500mm
- Joint Strength (EN 12317-2): ≥30N
Features and Benefits
- Robust and Durable – the products combination of polymer modified bitumen on a polyethylene carrier makes it a tough and durable material choice.
- Ease of Use – the product is cold applied and does not use specialist tanking equipment, making it a cost effective, low labour application.
- Multi-Purpose – the product has multiple uses within the damp proofing and structural waterproofing arena.
Application: Self Adhesive Tanking Membrane
The surface should be primed with a two coat application of Bitumen primer. Surfaces should be free of dust.
Remove the protective sheet and apply the membrane face down working from the centre towards the edges to minimise air pockets. Use a hand held roller to ensure a firm bond with the primer.
Overlap all sheets by 75mm. Double cover all internal and external corners by 300mm. If using as a damp proofing membrane dress the Bitubond self adhesive membrane to the damp proof course level.
Cover the Bitubond membrane within 2 – 3 days of application. Protection boards are available to protect against backfill or ply or insulation boards would be fine.