Back in stock! Order today (Before 2pm) get it tomorrow
Self Adhesive Tanking Membrane 1mtr x 15mtrs Roll & 5 litres Bitumen Primer is for use in vertical tanking or horizontal self-adhesive applications. Such as underground basements, lift pits or retaining walls when installed in accordance with BS8102:2009.
Self Adhesive Tanking Membrane is recommended that substrates are always primed with primer, concrete, masonry or steel at or below ground level.
- Self-adhesive membrane for above and below ground applications
- Tough, high performance, high density polyethylene membrane
- Provides resistance to puncture and tearing
- Use with primer to obtain best adhesion
For use in tanking external wall surfaces below ground level such as foundations and walls to basements and walls above ground but which are soil retaining.
- Robust & Durable – the products combination of polymer modified bitumen on a polyethylene carrier makes it a tough and durable material choice
- Ease of Use – the product is cold applied and does not use specialist tanking equipment, making it a cost effective, low labour application
- Multi-Purpose – the product has multiple uses within the damp proofing and structural waterproofing arena
- BBA approved (Certificate No. 98/3479)
The surface should be primed with a two coat application of Bitumen primer. Surfaces should be free of dust. Remove the protective sheet and apply the membrane face down working from the centre towards the edges to minimise air pockets. Use a hand held roller to ensure a firm bond with the primer. Overlap all sheets by 75mm. Double cover all internal and external corners by 300mm. If using as a damp proofing membrane dress the Bitubond self adhesive membrane to the damp proof course level. Cover the Bitubond membrane within 2 – 3 days of application. Protection boards are available to protect against backfill or ply or insulation boards would be fine.